Saturday, March 7, 2015

How will I use twitter in my future teaching

    Having chatted with some educators on twitter chat, I get an idea that twitter is a useful platform for teachers to express their thoughts, search for new theories, and exchange ideas and we teachers can strengthen communication through twitter chat. However, after reading the articles about how to apply twitter to classroom, I find a lot of new benefits of twitter.
    In the article “How Twitter can be used as a powerful educational tool”, what Mrs. Caviness did inspires me a lot. She could make use of twitter as a tool to organize her students together even though she was just a new user. She posted the content that she thought about suddenly and was related to the content in her class to twitter. I think it is really creative. For example, when she saw the baseball game, she posted “Do you remember where the perfect bunt is?” and promised to give a surprise to the student who answer the question first. Her action not only encourages students to recall what they learned in the class and try their best to figure out the answer but also motivates students so that they will be more interested in this class. Mrs. Caviness impressed me and inspired me to be more creative in my future teaching.





    Another article “UsingMicroblogging platforms for educational purpose” introduces some practical strategies that we can use in our future teaching, such as creating communities in classrooms, collaboration, managing your projects, polls and opinions, researching online, participation and word explorations. There is a good advantage is that you can follow people you are interested in. So I can encourage my students to follow some popular personalities to help students get a clear picture of the world around. Moreover, it is a perfect idea to use twitter collect polls and opinions. Even though we can only put in 140 words, it is enough for polls. 
    As a matter of fact, there are many strategies that we can make use of , however, I think I will just use some of them. I hope my students can express themselves freely and it is a challenge for students to express themselves clearly in 140 words.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the idea about having the teacher post questions and "rewarding" the student who answered first. Sounds like a real motivator.

    ReplyDelete