Sunday, April 19, 2015

My photo class

    When I was a teacher, I found that many students developed unhealthy eating habits for different reasons. So I think maybe it is a good chance for me to teach my students to keep a healthy diet as well as learning some new words about food.
    In my video, I introduced some reasons why students think little of their breakfast and tell them to choose food that are good for their health. This class can teach my students some words about food and also we can talk about health.


 I choose many pictures and short phrases, so the class is suitable for beginners. Based on MichiganEnglish Language Proficiency Standards, my language learning objective is:

S.1.3.a Participate in conversations on social topics by asking and requesting information
R.3.2.b Use meaning clues and language structure to expand vocabulary (pictures, background knowledge, context clues).

    After showing them the video, I can ask them what they usually have for breakfast and talk with them why they choose them and whether they are healthy or not.
To assess whether they learned the goal we wanted them to achieve, I can utilize the following method:
1.    Give them a sheet and ask them to fill in the blanks ( they are required to write down the words about food)
2.    Show them more pictures and ask them whether they are healthy or not and what they will choose for breakfast in order to keep health.


No comments:

Post a Comment