Sunday, April 19, 2015

My comic strips class

  My comic strips can follow my last photo class. After they have known the new vocabulary and what is the healthy food, they can make their own dialogue according to the example in the comic strips.


  My students are still the beginners and according to Michigan English Language Proficiency Standards, they should be:

S.2.2.a Participate in social conversations with peers and adults on familiar topics by asking and answering questions and requesting information
R.3.3.d Recognize simple idioms and figures of speech

  In the class, after the students watch the comic strips, I can ask work in pairs to make their own dialogue to talk about what they have for breakfast , whether the food are healthy or unhealthy, if not, what they should do, meanwhile, I can expand some new words and sentence structure. For example, chocolate contains a lot of energy and you will put on weight if you eat too much.

  To check whether they can achieve the goal, I will ask them to perform their dialogue in pairs. Also, I can ask them to bring their own comic strips about the healthy eating to school next time.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good lesson to continue the theme of healthy eating habits.

    ReplyDelete